Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Preciousssss



Classic 3-stone past/present/future design. *My* signature stone. *My* size.

Alas. I watched the auction end while people with more disposable income than I battled over it (I did put in a few token bids just for fun, and to drive the price higher for someone else). Someone got themselves a VERY nice Valentine's Day gift. Enjoy, winning bidder. (Bitch!) Oh, not your size? You have to get it sized before you can wear it? Awww. Isn't that a shame.

*ahem* Sorry.

All the reasons for NO:

1. Natural stone this may be, I really don't think it's going to cover a whole lot of square footage on the basement floor.
2. I would have one hell of a time rolling pastry dough on it, or using it to wrap Christmas presents or work on craft projects. Not very big for a kitchen island top.
3. People might look at Tim funny if I graciously share it with him and let him wear it, too.
4. It's a frigging ornament.
5. I don't completely, entirely, totally trust the eBay seller who put it up for auction (<100% positive feedback. And they've slightly misrepresented items before).
6. 2 hours before the auction ended, its price was already higher than the maximum I'd hoped to snatch it for. A feeble hope, but hope nonetheless.
7. Bright and shiny, yes. But I don't think it's going to cast much light if mounted on the wall or ceiling in the basement (I ordered light fixtures today. These will be much more functional).
8. When some day I'm pushing my remaining worldly possessions around in a shopping cart on the street, would it still look good on my finger?
9. The presence of too many gemstones might attract barrow-wights, balrogs and giant light-devouring spiders.
10. One more thing to lose in case of (heaven forbid)a break-in.
11. One more thing to lose through my clumsiness/inattention.

All the reasons for YES:

1. We wants it!
2. We wants it!!
3. We wants it!!!
4. It's a damn pretty frigging ornament.
5. It's possibly a good investment opportunity.
6. I'm never going to see this again!
7. We wants it!!!!!!
8. We wants it!!!!!!!
9. We wants it!!!!!!!!
10. We wants it!!!!!!!!!
11. We wants it!!!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mister Orange said...

You dodged a bullet here. Just you wait - the person who got the ring will slowly be tormented and twisted until she becomes a wraith. She will be an undead servant of evil. What you want is an Elvish santoku. It's good for mincing onions, and it glows blue when door-to-door solicitors are near.

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home