Saturday, May 21, 2005

Practice makes perfect *sigh*

...
He hears the silence howling
catches angels as they fall.
And the all-time winner
has got him by the balls.
He picks up Gideon's Bible
open at page one
old Charlie stole the handle and
the train won't stop going
no way to slow down.

Why the heck do I have 'Locomotive Breath' by Jethro Tull stuck in my head? Blame it on my silly brain. It's the first thing it latched onto when the image of my first attempt at angel food cake was processed by it. All right Emeril, you smart ass, what happened? I followed your posted recipe *exactly*. And that's not something I naturally do. Just for giggles, I held a ruler up to the cake and we don't even clear an inch and a half in height. *Hee hee* I'm sure it will taste good, but damn if it doesn't resemble a giant doughnut.

Better luck next time eggs go on sale!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mister Orange said...

I grieve for your vertically challenged cake. I suggest you find a better recipe author than that oaf Emeril.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Bryan said...

Well, in a hundred years, it won't matter...

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home