Friday, August 26, 2005

I Removed My Tattoo

Yes, it had to go. It was time. But I wasn't sorry I'd had it put on in the first place. It was kind of cool: an iron cross, filled in with bluish freaky-looking skulls, and then black Chinese dragons twining on either side. It totally covered up the spider veins on the side of my calf. I was happy.

But the edges got skanky-looking, and the biker bitch white trash look just wasn't working any more. So out came the bottle of baby oil, and with some scrubbing, away it went.

I really need to do that and try it on my mother-in-law and a certain sister-in-law. The stick-on tattoo didn't fool my mom, but those two...just for one day, it would be fun to go around wearing skulls, dragons, or sinister-looking tribal patterns.

We set up our impromptu tattoo parlor at our campsite in Harrisville, MI. Tim got one, too, but his didn't last nearly as long as mine. Since I never blogged that trip, I guess I can do that now. It shouldn't be too hard. From August 9th to August 13th, we pretty much sat on our butts and/or drank. That's about it. Oh, yeah, and slept. I wouldn't say I caught up on sleep, but it did actually occur.

There were some intermittent bouts of activity. A huge cargo net strung between two trees provided amusement for both the kids and adults. I think we all had a turn climbing up and over the top. Several card games were played. Sometimes we took chairs and coolers down to the beach and sat there. A few people took tube rides towed behind someone's speedboat. We cooked occasionally. Sometimes the guys would get up to throw more wood on the giant campfires in the evenings. We played a few games of 'Hillbilly Horseshoes' and 'Stomp the Balloon Tied Around The Ankle of Someone On The Other Team'.

We did nothing of cultural or historical significance. Okay, except maybe the visit to the Sturgeon Point lighthouse counted for history. We learned nothing new. Except maybe how to play '13', a too-complicated card game that we will all soon forget. We did nothing to improve the world. We did not raise our social consciousness.

We didn't even clean the trout we caught. The guy at the trout pond up the road did that for us. The kids had a blast pulling 15-inch trout of the stocked ponds as fast as their hooks hit the water. Meanwhile the guys were grumbling about how much all this was going to cost. But it was all good clean fun, and fresh trout dinners were enjoyed later.

Yes, we forgot stuff. We always do. This time it was some food, and the poles for the awning. I was mad, but I got over it. Eventually.

The biggest thing we did: buy a new camper. Talk about your impulse buys. And it was Tim, not me! Well, we couldn't really resist the good price this dealer offered (they are getting out of the business, and letting all the pop-ups go...brand new ones). So now we have to sell our old camper and pick up the new 2004 Coleman Bayside this Sunday. It will be back up to Harrisville, 3 hours one way and back in one day. Hey, better burn all the gas you can now, before the price goes even higher.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home