Friday, July 21, 2006

Useful Information

I now know it takes 7 minutes via the back roads to reach the Urgent Care center on Grand River.

How do I know this? Because I drove wet-haired from the shower, unshaven and makeup-less, tires spitting gravel to take Tim there after he had an allergic reaction to a wasp sting.

Not the anaphylactic throat-closing/can't breathe kind of reaction, thank God. But a spectacular red, wildly itching rash and lumpy welts/hives *all* over his body. When he said his lips were tingling and going numb, we knew this was a bit more serious than usual.

He's never reacted like that to a sting before. They shot him full of prednisone, Tagamet and benadryl and watched him for an hour. Now we've got prescriptions for all of the above, plus an epi-pen for him to have nearby from now on in case this happens again. Because the next time could be worse if he showed this kind of sensitivity.

Before he conked out into a sound sleep (benadryl is great for that!), he was all peeved that he barely got any yardwork done and now there's going to be even more work to do tomorrow. Oh well, same for me. They told us we did the right thing by coming in. The doc said she didn't even want him going in to work tonight, but he's going anyway. I'm just glad we have all of tomorrow yet to get things done before our camping trip.

1 Comments:

Blogger One Sick Cookie said...

Oh my! I'm glad Tim is ok. How scary for you both.

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home