Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter Food Pics

You might never know it from a lot of my holiday posts, but there is plenty of family and fun and actual people interaction in our big feast days. But I love taking pics of the food, so...



I know I've posted this before, but I can't find my previous Cardamom Wreath Bread entry to tag it. So here it is again. This is so good around Christmas time. Any time of year, actually. And it makes damn good French toast later, too. I made a big baked pan of it yesterday to finish it before it got too stale. The recipe makes two big buttery, egg-rich loaves, so there is plenty.



These adorable 'meat lollipops' were Tim's contribution. We had them for a cold appetizer for Scott & Ann's late afternoon Easter feast. He worked on these all through the night before. The most time consuming part was trimming all the fat and silver skin off the racks of lamb. He said that took 2 hours. Then he lightly brined them (he had plenty of brine from doing salmon filets, too) and smoked them to a rosy rare 148F in the smoker over applewood chips.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

It was all most excellent.

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home