Who, ME???
So much for staying invisible at work. My supervisor has tapped me to participate in a Kaizen event in May for the Emergency Department. He says I'd 'make a great representative for the lab'.
Yay. WTF?
Right now I'm skimming through the 'Lean For Dummies' book, hoping to glean some kind of clues as to what three full days of discussing process improvement is going to entail.
At the very least, it's three nights off the bench, three free lunches and being on the same schedule as Timmeh. Who laughed when I told him I'd been asked to participate in this to give the lab's input. He's got a bit of insight into the three-ring circus the corporate world can be.
I had an idea for input just this very night to eliminate wasteful processes: when a nurse brought in specimens mislabeled with the wrong patient's labels, how about whopping her over the head with the book??


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home