Monday, March 02, 2009

Monday

I don't think I'll take a picture of the new well tank we got installed today. That's not as pretty as the cinnamon bread I made:





I think I solved the problem in my 'Baking Illustrated' cookbook. That Cinnamon Swirl Bread recipe that doesn't work and aggravates me every time? Take the same recipe, make three ropes with the cinnamon sugar spiraled inside and braid them. It gets perfectly done at the time and temperature specified in the recipe. And looks way cooler than in a regular old loaf pan.

I handed my Favorite Plumber On The Planet a few slices of it after he was done with the tank replacement job this morning.

See, just wait a little while and something somewhere in the house will break, resulting in a service call. When we got back from North Carolina, we noticed a trickle of water coming from the bottom of the tank that fills from the well pipe coming in through the basement wall. It wasn't an emergency, but we were pretty sure this wasn't going to heal itself or go away. And we were right at the 11-year lifespan of one of these tanks. Sometimes I'm still in disbelief that this house and the stuff in it is not new any more.

So we're safe from water disasters for now, and we have the makings for some awesome French toast in the next few days.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mister Orange said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Mister Orange said...

Now that is beautiful work. That makes me want to write a whole bunch of adjectives that all mean "good" on a continuous piece of paper. A synonym roll. Kind of like cinnamon roll. See what I did there? It's a pun. It's actually quite funny. I assure you, it's funny.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Sleepwalker said...

No assurance needed ;)

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home