Tuesday, January 10, 2006

My Eyes!!!

There's an apocalyptic fireball hanging above the horizon, and sky is a weird, frightening shade of....blue.

When I'd stopped trembling from that sight, I turned around and looked at my kitchen floor. And fell to my knees in true horror.

Now I admit I knew the place was getting just a little bit skanky. No one had come over through the whole holiday season, so there was no good reason to really do a thorough cleaning. But I knew it would need attention sometime. I filed away that thought where I file all my really important thoughts. In the spacious corner office of my brain with the sign on the door that says "Later".

I'll bet you have no idea how long a shadow can be cast by one of those tiny Christmas candy decorating nonpareils in glaring morning sunlight. To say nothing of a piece of cat litter or cat food. The first thing I thought of was one of those rubble-strewn martian landscape photographs. Complete with pock-like mares of dripped coffee, tracked in melted snow/salt, and Lord knows what all.

Yes, the sun came out today. And the last of Christmas has been swept away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home