7/23/06
I have no idea how to post our camping trip to McLain State Park.
So I think I'll just do 'short' day-by-day blogs.
It took about 10 hours on the road to get there. That included a couple pit stops and a picinic lunch at Seney Wildlife Refuge, on an observation deck overlooking a pond filled with blooming water lillies.

We always have to stop at our favorite roadside stop at Au Train Bay. Near the beach we found some wild blueberries.
It clouded up the farther west we went, and about an hour or two from our destination it started raining. It kept raining. And raining. So we ended up doing something we had yet to do: set up camp in the rain. Not too bad, but we'd rather not. There was no dry place to sit outside, so we ended up having a stand-up dinner of baked beans and grilled hot dogs and bratwurst huddled under our awning...all 7 of us.

The rain stopped just before sunset. This is probably the best sunset pic of the few I took. A bit washed out, but I liked the inclusion of the driftwood. And the lack of blurriness!
Later on in the night, we heard thunder and it rained more. Something about thunder on a big lake is different. It's longer, more rolling. In spite of rain falling and dripping off the oaks and maples and pattering on our canvas, we actually slept well the first night.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home