Christmas List Meme
This was put forth by Ellen. I think it's a nice idea *hint, hint, nudge, nudge*
Step One
Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a SGA/Ghost Hunters icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ so that the holiday joy will spread.
Step Two
Surf around your friends-list (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf—to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not—it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
Okay, here's mine:
1. Extended Version 3-pack of the Lord of the Rings trilogy. No, I *still* don't have them.
2.'Wizard of Oz' was on the other night, and I thought it would be great to have that DVD. There might be some great icons to be harvested from it, and it's so much fun to watch.
3. NPR had Lila Downs on as a guest a week or two ago. When I heard the songs, I thought, wow, Diana Krall sings south of the border. Her 'La Cantina' would be great to listen to, and make me all reminiscent of the times we've driven across southern California and Arizona between San Diego and Tucson.
4. I love chocolatey/baked good scented shower gels and bubble baths. I don't think I've tried anything from the Philosophy line that I haven't loved.
5. High-end or exotic, artisanal chocolates. Single-source cocoa bean stuff, celebrity chef chocolates, the kind that come in snooty boutiquey shops...anything that's REALLY good and can't be found being mass-marketed everydamnwhere.
6. 'Christmas Story' on DVD. We have the tape, but the DVD could possibly provide icons also. And it's hilarious to watch any time of year.
7. Someone to come over and help me network our two computers and the printer. So I don't have to e-mail stuff to ourselves and then print it from the Mac.
And now for the completely improbable and ridiculous:
8. An obscene amount of money to fall into our laps so we could anonymously pay off the purchase our church just made on property for a new building.
9. The same obscene amount of money to fall into our laps so we could buy a big honkin' gorgeous piece of Lake Superior lakefront property. And build a luxurious log cabin on it and give keys to everyone in the family to use for a vacation home whenever they like.
10. While we're being ridiculous and improbable, how about people/countries just GETTING ALONG for a change.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home