Saturday, November 04, 2006

Nostalgia

November 2nd was an anniversary for Tim and I. This time I was ready when he asked 'what did we do 15 years ago today?' Usually that type of question from Mr. Walking Calendar is met with me desperately rummaging through all the junk in my brain trying to come up with the correct answer. On November 2nd 1991, we had our first real date. I say 'real' date, because we'd gone out on New Year's Eve 3 years before, and I wasn't impressed. This time, however, things seemed to click. We went to Olive Garden in Saginaw, where we (read I) pigged out on a very satisfying ravioli dinner.

Then he asked if I could have imagined back then that 15 years later we'd be exercising side by side on a treadmill and exercise bike, about to sit down to a dinner of chili and smoked pork sandwiches and get ready to both go to work on the midnight shift.

Nope. Not in a million years. But I really like it.

1 Comments:

Blogger One Sick Cookie said...

Congratulations!

Fall must be the right time for first dates... Russ and I first went out in November, too.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home