Snapshots from the weekend
Chris, have you noticed you need more time in the oven to get the cinnamon bread to finish? It took a looooong time to get up to 185 internal temp. I was worried about overbrowning the outside. But it turned out very well in the end. A very good recipe. We took most of a loaf up to Grandpa, and are working on the other one ourselves. I slipped a couple of slices to Karl the Builder Sunday morning when he stopped by for a consult on the basement. Not that I need to grease any wheels or anything, he just always looks like he needs some nice empty calories. I'm quite happy to provide those.
I really don't know how many glasses of wine it would take to put this puzzle together. Mom had one for the kids that was a pic of *nothing* but popcorn. It took Ann and the boys probably an hour just to get the edges done, after a very large soup lunch.
And Tim Tams that aren't named Tim Tams are now available at a store a mere 30 minutes from us. No more driving 4 hours to Jungle Jim's in Cincinnati, or going to Australia.


1 Comments:
I don't recall any difficulty with getting the cinnamon bread up to temp, but variables like what rack position and whether you're using a water pan can affect it. Also, I baked it in an electric oven. Looks like all was well with it, though.
Post a Comment
<< Home