Californication
It looks as though I may very well be taking a mandatory 'vacation' to California in a few weeks. My employer would like to send me out for 10 days of classes to learn all about the new chemistry analyzers we're about to have installed in the lab.
Which is flattering, but I'm also scared spitless. I'm going to have to focus and remember and then turn around and train a whole bunch of other people when I get back.
When do they want to send me? The Sunday of our huge family weekend in early May. That really blows. We're looking into the latest flight out of Detroit on that day.
I'm going to be only minutes from The Mouse, but I have *zero* interest in visiting Disneyland. I'm also going to be 10 days without Tim, and 10 days without my 3 furry kids. No one to share culinary hijinks with or go sightseeing with. I don't know how adventurous the other tech is who is going out to take the same class.
At least this is an excuse to go out and buy more new clothes!


2 Comments:
Well... bummer there's no one to share the eatin' and siteseeing with, but do like I've done and make the best of it. I've surprised myself here by pushing the envelope, getting out there with camera and tastebuds in hand, and just going for it. The upside is (other than your mandatory activity you're there for), you can do whatever you want, when you want. I've found the solitude can actually be relaxing.
And where you're going, they speak and write English (at least I think they still do)!
You're absolutely right. I might have more time for sleep and solitude than I think. And there will be other classmates from all over to meet ('show the world that $2000 smile!!!!') and do stuff with. This isn't nearly as scary as what you're doing, having left the country.
Post a Comment
<< Home