Random Thoughts
---I hate to admit this, but I *really* like Kid Rock's music. I find myself inexplicably attracted to it. I turn up the radio every time I hear one of his songs, and then I figure out it's him. But there seems something fundamentally wrong about a middle-aged married Lutheran lady listening to Kid Rock. If ONLY he didn't use the F-word in every other line. Damn it!
---I just sat cross-legged on the living room floor looking through piles of disorganized photos for an hour. And I was actually able to stand upright again after that.
---What was I looking for? Pics of our old Upper Peninsula trips. Pics of old house projects, like our patio and shelving and stuff. Wow, have our trees really grown in the last 8 years. Not like I was hoping to see any pics of *who* did those projects, or anything. Not like I was wondering dumb(very UN middle-aged married Lutheran lady)stuff, like what he looked like before he quit wearing 'civvy' shirts (or NO shirt) on jobs, or what he looked like before he started buzzing his hair off.
---You ever find yourself in the right time and place to observe something really sweet? Our last night camping, while we had our toasty, melty grilled mozzarella sammich over the coals, we were standing under the camper awning trying to keep out of the rain. I went out to stand by the fire Tim had lit in the fire ring, soaking up the fierce heat, feeling the cool rain fall, listening to the thunder. In the next loop there was an RV with a couple sitting inside, lit by the indoor lights. They must have been sitting down to dinner. They leaned toward each other and kissed.
---I wonder what the rocks we picked up on the Lake Superior shore looked like hundreds of years ago. How big were they? How long has it taken them to be tumbled down to the size they are now? What did they look like when Father Marquette and his two Chippewa guides slogged past in their canoe?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home