Saturday, January 12, 2008

Reflections on 2007

I suppose in the general scheme of things, our lives are pretty uneventful. But 2007 was quite a ride for us. I can only wonder what 2008 is going to bring. Last year brought a little of everything. There was death (the passing of two of Tim's aunts and my coworker's suicide), but there was also new life (Cecelia). There was destruction (more clean-up at Uncle Ottomar's) but there was construction. Boy, was there construction. We basically nearly doubled the living space in our house. The basement remodel was pretty much the signature event of 2007 for us.

Work upheavals and challenges were right up there, too. Both of us had to travel to the west coast for work. I faced new equipment and the stomach wrenching anxiety of passing it on to coworkers. Tim faced the consolidation of three sister companies into one, and continues to deal with the headaches of all that.

On a personal level, I met new people and experienced a nearly instant bonding that carried all of us through a tough course far away from our homes. Several relationships already in place deepened to a new level.

I can only hope I have the health, strength, brains and grace to face whatever 2008 might bring.

2 Comments:

Blogger eretria said...

Please tell me you don't honestly worry about that? If any one person can do it, it's you. In that, I have the fullest confidence. Why? Because you're you.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Sleepwalker said...

Well, occasionally I worry because now and then I feel like I'm no more mature than when I left high school. Great disguise, that gray hair, huh??

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home