How I'm Spending Christmas
We never got the chance to show Ellen my workplace, so here are some pics of where I spend so much of my time:
Me in front of the chemistry instrument I trained on in California. All three of them were functioning last night. Joy!!
Another analyzer by the same company. That one does the CBC's.
A workstation in Blood Bank. That one's my usual spot. I can watch the betas swimming in their jars while I work.
Our too small break room. But we have lots of snacks in there this week!
This is the small satellite lab in the ER area. My coworker didn't want to be in the pic, so she screamed and hid in the corner *G*. Note how much equipment is crammed into this small room. We have bathrooms in the hospital that are bigger than this room. At least it stays nice and warm in there, and we don't have to walk far to operate everything.
And this is the beautiful poinsetta tree in the hospital atrium that Ellen wanted to see. It's a little grainy and dark (even with flash), but this is the best one. This is from 3 floors up. Note the employee sleeping on the couch for scale. *Some* people get a nice winter's nap on the job.


2 Comments:
Cool- something I've never seen before. Lots of expensive, high-tech, temperamental machinery too!
I know the band your badge is on! Expect more in the future.
And, wow, you're right, that poinsettia tree is amazing. Also: Hi, technology! Hi, sister!
Post a Comment
<< Home