Sunday Dinner
Rustic French Meatloaf, Cotes du Ventoux, and caramel rhubarb tart. And pizza pan potatoes, previously pictured in other posts.
If you like chicken livers, you'll like this meatloaf. We thought it was delicious. If you don't...not so much, probably. The livers predominated over the pork and veal. The wine was a cheapo purchase from Chef Dave Beier up north. Very non-assertive, fruity, light on the alcohol. And we've got rhubarb exploding in the back yard. The damn stuff is already trying to bolt. I had some crust dough left over from the Mango Banana Custard Tart, so I blind baked that. Meanwhile I caramelized about a heaping cup of sugar and about a third cup of water to a golden brown. I tossed in a couple pounds of thinly sliced rhubarb, some orange zest, and a handful of chopped strawberries. I cooked it down until it was jamlike and poured it in the crust. I should have driven off a little more moisture, because the filling is a bit soft and wet. But the flavor...says 'spring' to me.
Labels: Rustic French Meatloaf


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home