Random Thoughts
---I wish the people at Joint Commission would take a break from making bench techs' work hours a living hell of documentation. Only one example of recent citations: pregnancy tests. After YEARS of simply putting a check mark to indicate that the internal QC is acceptable (a colored line appears) suddenly that isn't good enough. Oh no, now we have to write out 'Pos' and 'Neg' to document that yes, the colored line appeared in the control area, and yes, the background is clear/white. Now new forms need to be designed, and even more hand slapping results if we fail to fill them out properly.
---Recent favorite things: Pinata apples, Larry's Beans Cowboy Blend, and Three Floyds Dark Lord Imperial Stout, and Underarmour socks.
---What is the proper etiquette for when you notice someone pulled over, getting sick in the entrance to your subdivision? When I pulled up to exit the sub to go to work, all I saw was a stopped car, a driver bent over, and the dome light on. After I got out of the truck and started to approach, and asked 'Is everything OK?' did I see what precisely had occured. 'Nah, she's just getting sick,' said the male passenger. Alrighty then...
---Yeah, and which is worse? If the weather stays in the single digits and that odd-colored little puddle stays there for weeks, or if it warms up?
---OK, personal WORST Raynaud's episode ever last Friday morning. 8 out of 10 fingers white and numb. Try typing with that. And it was a reasonably balmy 27 out, too. Then about an hour later when the circulation came back, it felt like my hands were buried in a bucket of pins. Like they'd been asleep for hours. No idea why it was so bad this time. I have yet to figure out why it only happens in the mornings. Maybe it was the combination of the cold and the extreme, horrific mental duress of the prospect of house-cleaning.
---I got more spectator sports in this last weekend than in the previous few years of my life. A nephew's wrestling meet on Friday, and Superbowl on Sunday.
---This is so damned pathetically girly, but I'll admit it: a guy in a toolbelt running in to the rescue just makes my whole day. Even if I eventually found the main water shut-off and the tiny cap on the deionized water system myself, and eliminated the new scenic attractions in the lab (a geyser and a lake!), just knowing a call to B&G will send someone in seconds to try to solve the problem...well, that's just how it should be.


2 Comments:
I strongly second the endorsement of Larry's Cowboy Blend. And I didn't know you had Raynaud's.
The Raynaud's started about 4 or 5 winters ago, or at least the white/numb finger phenomenon. Doesn't seem to be associated with anything. I just chalked it up as an over 40 thing.
Post a Comment
<< Home