Friday, January 27, 2006

Random Thoughts

---The Fatah party riots in Gaza: A bunch of young, able-bodied men standing around, shouting, waving guns, flags and raising a ruckus. Doesn't anybody have any work to do over there? There isn't one woman to be seen in these demonstrations. Ever. They're probably hiding in their homes, or more likely doing all the work.

---Leopard patterned underwear? Hey, why the heck not.

---I don't care how many times I've listened to it, John Williams' 'Brother/Sister' track from 'Return of the Jedi' just busts me up. Every time. I have to forget it's written for siblings. It's just way too romantic.

---Another small lesson in never giving up: this morning I untangled three necklaces that had fallen on the floor before Christmas, and had been in a hopeless-looking wadded mess, waiting for me to deal with. It took me an hour, but I did it. I separated them, and even undid a small knot in one of the chains. FYI, stay away from Singapore chains. They suck. Stick with a sturdy box link or smooth snake chain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home