Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Grilled Cheese Sammich



A grilled cream-cheese toasted walnut on spent grain bread sammich, to be exact. I've been having a strong nut craving lately, and this is the latest hallucination. For the filling, take an 8-oz block of light cream cheese and mash in a bowl with a generous grinding of black pepper, a dash of sea salt, a tablespoon of shredded flat-leaf parsley and the fresh zest of an orange. Toast a double or triple handful of walnuts under the broiler until fragrant. Cool. Mix into the cheese mixture. Toast the bread of your choice on The Badass Quantum Leap in Potato Technology Cast Iron Griddle. Put a thick dollop of filling on one slice of bread. Close with other slice and devour.

This could be scary. I don't normally take 6 pictures of something before I eat it (one or two, maybe three...but 6??). Nor take the tip of a knife and arrange bits of parsley and orange zest just so. But I'm playing. After all the time we've had this camera, I'm still learning the basics. And the novel concept of taking pics without flash.

The floury grooves? I used my brotform with this last loaf.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home