*Squeeee!* (aka Celebrity Sightings)

Okay,I confess it's not the most flattering pic (this was around 11pm and they were both probably very tired), and I had to get rid of some red-eye, but...that's Joshua Bell on the right and Jeremy Denk on the left. Last night we saw them in concert in Flint.
Just Mr. Denk on the piano and Mr. Bell with his violin on the stage. And one page turner. Although Joshua Bell hardly even glanced at his music stand, from what we could see. They were mostly looking to each other for cues. And they sounded perfect.
We were nearly at the end of a LONG line of people who stayed after to get programs, etc. signed. But they sat and stayed to greet everyone. I could only say something like 'Thank you, it was wonderful' when it was finally my turn to meet them. Joshua Bell said 'Oh, look at that,' when I presented my 'Red Violin' VHS tape for signing. He was happy to sign it. He looks all of 18, but I'm pretty sure he's in his 30's. We got our program signed too, along with Joshua Bell's 'Romance of the Violin' CD we bought. Jeremy Denk's attention was drawn to Tim's tie (which happened to be the Stone Brewery 'Arrogant Bastard Ale' patterned silk I bought him this last Christmas). So just maybe it was worth my prodding him to wear a tie.
All in all a great evening of classical music, and a great excuse to dress up.
And: Monday night, Tim got to meet Garrett Oliver in Ann Arbor and get his copy of 'The Brewmaster's Table' signed.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home