Saturday, April 29, 2006

Vidalia Onion Pizza



A minimalist pizza that might appeal to you, Mr. Orange. Whole wheat pizza dough, the barest smear of mascarpone cheese, a buttload of vidalia onions caramelized down not quite to the 'goo' stage, olive oil, sea salt, and pepper.

I weighed the flour this time (22 ounces). What a difference: The dough was almost too stiff this time. *Big* difference between measuring 4 cups of flour and actually weighing it, per the Baking Illustrated recipe. The whole wheat flour might have been a factor too. The dough still kneaded up just fine and the finished pizza was mighty tasty. I love my new pizza peel!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mister Orange said...

Wonderful! Carmelized onions are the living end. Whole wheat flour absorbs a bit more water than regular flour. Great pic, too, I made a pizza last night, but I took no pics...

10:47 AM  
Blogger Bryan said...

(Cajun Bob voice) Dat's good eatin',heh, heh!

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home