Weekend Projects
I finally got around to making some fabric panels to go behind the glass pantry door. I don't own a sewing machine and never learned to sew, but give me a hot iron and some rolls of 'Heat & Bond', and I can accomplish something. There's the pine cone fabric.
The pine batik.
And the plain red, which is the one I left in the door for now.
Tim also got inspired to paint the garage floor. I helped by sprinkling the 'fairy dust' of contrast color paint chips onto the wet epoxy.
We also put up a shelf and closet bar in the basement bedroom closet. We studied how the other closets were in the house, managed to find what we needed at Home Depot, and Tim put the pieces up Sunday. Maybe some white caulk to fill in the cracks, and it will be good to go.
And some of you might remember this old piece of furniture from Grandma and Grandpa Kueffner's house. It's been collecting dust and cobwebs in the basement for the last 5 years or so. I want it out in the basement where it can actually be seen/enjoyed. The futility of removing all the lead-based butt-ugly aqua paint from the inside of it has been painfully apparent all these years. Tim got halfway done with that project years ago and left it. Last week I said 'screw it', scraped/vacuumed all the solidified paint scrapings, and decided to paint the inside over with our dark red paint we've been putting on everything else. There's not much we could do to make it look worse at this point. It's really not that great of a piece of furniture. It's made out of thin, indeterminate wood, and it's got cracks and holes in it. But--it does have a lot of sentimental value, and I know of stores where you'd see something like that on display with a $1200 price tag hanging from it. So hopefully I'll get that done this week (the icky Pepto-Bismol pink is the primer, NOT the final color), put the glass back in the doors and move it out into the main room.
Could all this stuff have been done over the last few months? Oh, absolutely. But there's nothing like an upcoming deadline to jolt one out of an unmotivated funk.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home