Thursday, January 17, 2008

40 Question Meme

I haven't done one of these in a while. But I saw Sabine's and went for it.

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? No. Just a different spelling of mom's middle name.

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? December 19th, 20th, 21st. Maybe a little on the 22nd.

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? I used to. Not any more. It's gotten unbelievably sloppy. I think faster than I write, so I start forming letters way ahead of where I am. The scribble-outs and big loopy misses on e's and l's make it a ridiculous mess.

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE LUNCH MEAT? I take this to mean some kind of nitrite-pink, processed product, only eaten between 10am and 4pm. Then the answer would be braunschweiger.

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Human, no. Furry feline, yes.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Yes, but it might take a long time.

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Yes, and I need to tone it down. It can really sound hostile sometimes.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes.

9. CAN YOU COOK/BAKE? Hell yes.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CEREAL? Barbara's Puffins. Regular flavor.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Work tennies, yes. Exercise shoes, no.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? For the most part, yes. But I have weak/dumb/naiive moments.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ICE CREAM? The last ice cream that really rang my bell when I tasted it was Sanders' 'Bumpy Cake'. But most typically it's the darkest shade of chocolate possibly available.

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Symmetry/attractiveness of the face, and thickness of hair.

15. RED OR PINK? Red.

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVOURITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? I talk too much. Repeat things. Spread work gossip. Trash talk about people who piss me off.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? That really depends on the day/moment. I still miss having Ellen around in sort of a dull still-raw wound kind of way. A couple weeks ago I had a moment where I really missed Dad. I miss friends who used to be coworkers, but now are elsewhere. I have to work harder to keep in touch with them. And my 14 year-old ridiculous girly ego misses Karl.

18. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Peanut butter Puffins, an overripe banana and skim milk.

19. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Lab refrigerator noises.

20. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOUR WOULD YOU BE? The weird mauve one that no one ever used.

21. FAVOURITE SMELLS? Oh, to pick only a few... The smell of Tim's hair. The fur on top of Ferrari's head. Roasting chicken. A chocolate cake/chocolate cookies baking. My Philosophy 'Cinnamon Buns' shower gel. PVC primer.

22. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? A doctor wanting to know results of a wound culture. And whether it was Methicillin Resistant Staph Aureus, which I couldn't have possibly told him given the scant available info. MRSA...it's the hot topic these days.

23. FAVOURITE SPORTS TO WATCH? I discovered last summer I like watching baseball in the stadium. It's slow enough that even I can figure out what the heck is going on. Yet potentially exciting enough to stick around for.

24. HAIR COLOUR? Dishwater caramel with silver highlights.

25. EYE COLOUR? Green with a bit of gold around the pupil. Contacts make them slightly bluer.

26. FAVOURITE FOOD? I'm not even going to answer this one this time.

27. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Totally happy endings. I have no use for scary movies. I'm a wuss that way.

28. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? 'Shrek 3' on Pay-per-view on Saturday.

29. SUMMER, WINTER, SPRING OR FALL? Spring.

30. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs. Sparingly.

31. FAVOURITE DESSERT? Depends on the meal. At times the perfect thing is a juicy orange or tangerine. Other occasions call for something covered with/filled with ganache, butter, chocolate and heavy cream and placed idol-like on a footed cake plate. A simple tart might be the multi-purpose fave: either rustic fruit, or bittersweet chocolate custard.

32. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Terry Pratchett's 'The Truth'

33. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Don't have one.

34. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V. LAST NIGHT? Anthony Bourdain's 'No Reservations' the Berlin episode.

35. FAVOURITE SOUND? So many! At times it has been power tools. Other times wind in the trees. Or a cork being removed from a wine bottle. Lake Superior waves on the beach.

36. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Stones.

37. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Berlin, Germany

38. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Saginaw, MI USA

39. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO READING? Whoever answers! :-)

40. WHAT TIME IS IT NOW? 0200 EST

2 Comments:

Blogger eretria said...

I miss you, too. Jus today, I got prints from 340 (yes, I whittled it down to ONLY 340) of my digital pictures from my stay with you and ... *sigh* We damn well need that transporter.
Scotty, are you working?

7:46 AM  
Blogger Sleepwalker said...

I was just saying that to Scott (brother, not old Star Trek flame) that we need transporters. Because he wants you to be here for our pasty party.

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home