More Pizzas
Yesterday I concocted some more pizzas. Two more in the Tomatoless Series, for my future glossy-paged obscenely expensive coffee-table pizza cookbook :)
The first one is a smoked trout and cream cheese pizza. We cannot visit the Upper Peninsula without purchasing smoked fish at least once. Or twice. The 'sauce' is nothing more than light sour cream. If had creme fraiche, I would have used that. The crust is my usual 'mix until it looks right' pizza dough, allowed to cold proof for 2 or 3 days. Only with the addition of some rye flour. This is a riff on the smoked fish/cream cheese/party rye combo we love as an appetizer. I broke up an 8-ounce block of light cream cheese into bits and scattered that on. Sliced scallions, a bit of freshly ground pepper, and then when it's out of the oven, a sprinkling of chives.
This one is Canadian Bacon and Smoked Gouda. Same rye crust, same light sour cream base, but now add sauteed baby portobella mushrooms (good because they aren't so full of water like the usual button type. And because they were on sale.), caramelized onions, diced Canadian bacon leftover from camping trip, sliced marinated pappadew peppers (I just love those things. I discovered them on the olive bar at a local grocery store. Tangy and hot-spicy.) And diced smoked Gouda, which apparently doesn't melt. Just stays in cubes. But tastes wonderful.
Labels: Canadian Bacon-Gouda Pizza, Smoked Trout-Cream Cheese Pizza


2 Comments:
Can I have it (high-pitched and loud)?!
Yes, and it's a good answer for:
"What's fer sneeeeaaaacks?!'
Post a Comment
<< Home