Friday, May 01, 2009

It's The Weekend!!!

I have a prediction:

I am going to accomplish absolutely nothing this morning.

Why do I predict this? Because: I think I'm having seasonal/hayfever type allergies. If so, all those incessant commercials on TV are true. Itchy, sandy-feeling eyes; slightly scratchy throat, and this overwhelming, tired fogginess. I sometimes get a little of this in the spring, but usually it's later in the spring, toward the end of May. I grabbed some super-cheap allergy medicine at the store this morning. But I really should check if it's advisable to take it with alcohol. Because actually the Founders' Kentucky Bourbon Stout I poured is doing an awful lot to make me feel better right now. 11.2% ABV, baby.

That, and getting off my feet. My shoes were starting to pinch, my feet were swelling from being on them all damn night long in my favorite department (Chemistry). But I think I left things in reasonably good shape for first shift. And this in spite of a coworker leaving early to drive her frequent-flier mother home from being discharged from the ER yet AGAIN, leaving us short-staffed through the morning rush. But it was well worth it just to see the laziest other coworker on the face of the earth have to actually get off her ass and hustle. Just when you think she couldn't spend any more time on her hind end surfing the internet, playing computer solitaire and her hand-held Yahtzee game all night, she astonishes us all by spending ever more time on her hind end lately.

And I'm tired as hell. It's finally my weekend off. I've worked 10 out of the last 11 days, plus put in some time for LACASA this week. Got to bed late just about every day.

I have an assload of work to do. I need to clean the place up, and get some preparatory cooking done because we invited Mom over for dinner tomorrow for an early Mother's Day dinner. We won't really be able to celebrate it the next couple weeks, so we're doing it this weekend. We're going to throw some cow on the grill, I'll make some lemon zest infused risotto, and make a rhubarb custard pie. And I'll play with brioche dough again. I want to try it with lemon curd baked in it, like a Danish, or coffee cake. Not necessarily for dinner, just for a nice Sunday breakfast.

I did press the 'start' button on the dishwasher. See? I did accomplish something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home