Aggravations (aka Bitching--Proceed At Your Own Risk)
1. Nearly getting in not one, but two head-on collisions yesterday morning with cars heading eastward IN MY LANE. Not passing anyone. Just blundering straight towards me, both of them, one following the other. I took to the shoulder in a cloud of dust and honked. Yes, the sun tends to be low and somewhat bright that time of the day, and the centerline markings in the road are half-assed due it being freshly tarred and graveled. But go and %$#@*ing buy yourselves some sunglasses. And put the fatty breakfast sandwich down, look up and notice the woman coming at you in a full-sized truck, goddammit.
2. Can't. Get. Enough. To. Eat.
3. And these stupid-ass random hormonal food cravings. Enough already. The cucumber thing I gave in to, because that was actually healthy. I bought precooked bacon, because I just HAD to have some one morning. This in spite of a week of eating smoked pork loin. But I am NOT going to buy chocolate pop tarts, and that's final.
4. I swear, mom thinks we come home from work, walk in the door, and just sit down. Apparently to be ready to pick up the phone when it rings. We surely never have to stop at the grocery store first, unload groceries, trip over cats, feed cats, clean up cat puke/poop/pee, give insulin shot, cook something fit to eat for dinner, bake stuff, water the droopy, exsanguinated plants outside, do laundry... The first time the phone rang, I had a half a raw egg in each hand. I ignored it. The second time it rang, I was out in the garage having just signed for a Fed-Ex delivery. "Oh, did you just get home?" "No." *with semi-clenched teeth* Soon I am washing dishes one-handed, and watching my egg white meringue collapse upon itself and the oven heating away with absolutely nothing in it, with the phone clamped to my ear. No, the package you are sending which is due around the 3rd or 4th of September has not arrived, actually. Um, gee, could that be because it's still early in the day on September 2nd?? And yes, I am suitably somber at the news of so & so's death. Am I willing to listen to the latest chapter in the 'I Switched Churches, And Should Have Done It Years Ago' saga? Umm, not so much. Not being able to even MAKE yourself walk into Peace{Cold Impersonal Money-Grubbing}Lutheran for the funeral makes for some personal high drama to be sure. Sorry, but my assigned day for listening to personal dramas is Thursday. Hate to be cold, but just not feelin' it now.
5. There is a Moody Blues song stuck in my head, and I seriously need to be rid of it. 'The Other Side Of Life', to be exact. How it got there, I have no idea. Don't ask me why I think this, or how my brain comes up with this crap, or if this is even accurate, but I've long thought Moody Blues are this really nerdy-looking bunch of guys, and their fans are nerds and geeks. Like hard core Dungeons & Dragons people. The song in question (did I mention I seriously need to be rid of it?) seems like it's trying to be a dark, slinky Miami Vice tune, but it STILL sounds completely nerdy.
6. I know there are certain food industries that are not pretty. That's just a fact. Especially in the poultry industry, and in a country that demands LOTS of cheap big chicken breasts, and lots of eggs. But the Yahoo News item yesterday morning about how male chicks are disposed of was just...sort of...something I didn't want to know. No, I didn't watch the video. Didn't read more than the surface facts. Thought about it a while. Thought about crying. Thought about it some more. Still thinking about it today.
7. More change (oops, I mean improvements) for the sake of change (oops, I mean improvements) at work.
8. Being told by a coworker (she of the penchant for excessive surfing/shopping/playing computer solitaire on the clock) that I really need to 'be careful how much I say we can do' when a few of us were discussing supervision's proposal to give us more responsibility in writing lab procedures. This in response to me saying off-handedly how easy copying and pasting functions are. I don't know which was more of a hoot, finding out she doesn't know basic computer functions, or watching her puff up over having her leisure time threatened.


1 Comments:
1. More and more every day. Yakkin' on the phone, texting, whatever. Can't keep it in one lane to save their lives.
4. Oh yeah. Big time.
6. Then it's true? They really do convert them to marshmallow chicks?
Post a Comment
<< Home