Monday, September 28, 2009

Sunday Dinner

Texas-style beef ribs:






Pretty much the same work as pork back ribs, only they're bigger. Like brontosaurus ribs in the Flintstones cartoon. Tim did all the work of
preparing
, dusting with Magic Dust spice rub, and then letting them go in the smoker for about 7 hours. The smoked hot paprika I recently bought from the new meat market down the road is *HOT*, and he used some of that. Good for clearing sinus congestion.

We like sauce in addition to the dry rub, so we used Stubb's BBQ sauce after they came off. I usually like a sweet sauce, but this has a lot less sugar/corn syrup, and is one of the best we've had. It was a good old bone-gnawing, satisfied grunt-filled meal.

Tim wrapped a couple heads of garlic in foil and smoked those, too. I squeezed some cloves into the mashed potatoes to make smoked garlic mashed potatoes. And I made a very unsugary, tart apple crisp out of some of those roadside wild apples.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home