Monday, September 06, 2010

Recent Kitchen Creations



Chocolate Malt Cake



Heirloom tomato salad. Well OK, God created the tomatoes, but we added sea salt, pepper, olive oil and parsley. Love all the colors outside and inside.



Chocolate granola. By adding cocoa and unsweetened chocolate to the oil/honey mixture, substituting Emerald Dark Cocoa Roasted almonds for the plain almonds and adding a heaping cup of raw cocoa nibs, I got a pretty acceptable result. The chocolate flavor could be amped up even more, but for now we'll have some really good breakfasts while camping this week.



Peach and blueberry jam. A good friend wanted a canning tutorial, so I turned the basement kitchen into a classroom of sorts. She brought loads of Flint Farmers' Market peaches and blueberries, and we passed a very lovely afternoon catching up, enoying chips, salsa and hummus, sipping beer and producing some goodness to be enjoyed in the coming months.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger sb.marianna said...

now I'm hungry...

3:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home