Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Got my wish yesterday

Yep, my perverse wish for a dreary gray day was granted. It was perfect. Gloomy, gray, cool and it even actually rained a little. But that was it. One day only. The sun is shining today, so it's back to that old 'up-and-at-'em' pressure again. And it's not just me. Tim enjoyed the day, too. He's really turning into a true third-shifter! Looks like now he will be working midnights until November. He seems to have adjusted to the hours better than I handle it. Or at least he doesn't bitch as much I do.

I really had good intentions of donating blood today, but I didn't feel like hanging around at work until probably 11am. The hospital holds blood drives a few times a year, but apparently they don't want third shifters to donate, because the hours they hold them make them impossible for us to contribute unless we stay around 3 or 4 extra hours, or drive home and come back. Which really is inconvenient as hell. I think maybe I'll try closer to home sometime, when I don't have to drive so far. I've been itching to try donating again, just because I'm uncomfortably aware of how short we are on blood products all the time, and (here's the biggest reason) to see if I can do it without passing out like a big wuss *G*.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home