Saturday, November 26, 2005

Good As New

Our kitchen cupboard has been replaced, thanks to Karl, our home-improvement guru (Platinum Designs Inc.) Tim has plans to recycle the broken cupboard unit for garage shelving. And all our glassware is back where it belongs. All I need to do is neaten up the caulk edge, and do a little touch-up painting on the wall, and it will look like nothing ever happened.

It took Karl 3 hours to set things right. It probably would have taken Tim and I 3 weeks to to do the same amount of work. We are entirely grateful for his professional services, as always. Sadly, I baked him no cookies this time, but our coffee pot is his when he is here.

I think he must be aging like the rest of us, because he mutters to himself more than ever while he's in the middle of a job. Numbers, measurements, whatever...just go about your business, and know your project is in very good hands.

He also gave us a quote for our water heater when I told him the story of that problem (he is also a licensed plumber). Still on the high side, but nowhere near the astronomical quote I was given by the plumber who was out here a couple weeks ago. So if we can get a few more months out of the current heater, we may just be calling him to replace that, too.

We already know who is going to be in charge of our basement refinishing project (nothing that's going to happen immediately!). We will try to do some stuff ourselves, but the reality is, Tim and I are people who are not exactly on the handy side. Yes, we like doing things ourselves, but sometimes it's best to call in the professionals.

Karl seems a whole lot happier these days. I'm thinking it might be due to the fact he has had two things in his life the last couple years: a steady girlfriend, and a cat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home