Friday, November 25, 2005

Holiday Money Pit

Williams-Sonoma, you've got one hell of a racket going. Your catalogues are something to behold. They make me think about quitting my job and just selling food. I could make a flourless chocolate torte and sell it for $49.50, too.

Naah, it's probably easier to go to that damn hospital and do what I know how to do there, and then just sit back on the couch at home and laugh my ass off at the catalogues. Oh, it's food porn to be sure. Quite lovely. But I've really been trying to visualize a profile of the type of person who would actually mail-order 12 biscuits for $24.95. Or a spiral sliced ham for $149.00. Or how about 12 marshmallows (13 whopping ounces, total) for $18.50? One pound (ONE) of peppermint-chocolate bark for $22.50?

Meanwhile I'll make stuff like this at home for a fraction of the cost and share it with friends and family. And laugh some more.

1 Comments:

Blogger One Sick Cookie said...

Amen!!!!

I do enjoy the recipes they give you in that catalog. But to buy their foodstuff? Ummmm. No.

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home