"It's Mr. Hyde Now!"
I guess I meant to post this last week. But I guess my brain was still trying to comprehend it. The same mild-mannered man my mom has been seeing for 2 1/2 years went off his rocker Friday before last, and went on a rampage through her house with a crow bar, systematically destroying everything he could find that he had given her as a gift in that time. Apparently they were having an argument (again) about where their relationship was going, and it escalated.
Now, my poor mother has needed to know nothing about personal protection orders or restraining orders in her entire life. Up until last week. Then she got the full scoop. But the police informed her she did the right thing by taking out a PPO on this guy. She has, needless to say, told him he is no longer welcome on her property, on her phone or in her life. She hasn't gotten any more threatening, angry calls in the last few days, and she hasn't discovered any more boxes/bags of broken objects (gifts from her to him) in her driveway, so...we are hoping he's gotten tired of all of this and will leave her alone.
I would never have believed it of this guy. But it seems some people just aren't wired to be alone or live independently. This guy has pretty much been planning the whole time to marry mom and be set for life with someone to take care of him. When she didn't want to go that way (or let him move in with her), and when her independence clashed with his high-maintenance, clingy ways...that's when the shit hit the fan. They've had numerous blow-ups in the last year because of this.
It's really sad, because he's a diabetic and doesn't always stay on top of his health. Mom saved him twice from insulin shock. She said he hasn't made any new friends besides her since he's moved back to Michigan. He's either going to cope with being on his own, or die.
Yeah, I've been sleeping just dandy the last week or so. When it seemed I didn't need to immediately drive up there the minute I heard all this, I was still lying there, trying to think of all the adult, responsible things I probably ought to be doing to save her and cope with the situation.
Still thinking...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home