Help...
All right, I think I'm ready to call Outer Calcutta. I have spent the last three mornings installing, configuring, troubleshooting and exploring the deep crevasses of various systems folders. To no avail. I still cannot get connected to the net via my wireless card and router/modem with my laptop.
It's probably something in the settings, and most likely something unbelievably stupidly simple.
I actually got a 'congratulations, you are configured' sort of message today, and new, exciting different colors besides forbidding red in one of the lights on the router. This was truly a breakthrough. But when I went to get antivirus updates, or go anywhere whatsoever, the same old 'page cannot be displayed' and troubleshooting steps appeared on the screen.
This, people, is why I have procrastinated for over a year with getting a new computer. I don't think that everything in life ought to work 100% problem free the first time. It rarely does, in fact. But...I'm getting tired of this.
And this is just getting the new one set up. Setting up a network with the router and the iMac AND the laptop?? *gibbers hysterically* One thing at a time, please.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home