Friday, May 19, 2006

Please Live



Better yet, grow and thrive. I spent a buttload of money today on flowering annuals, and it took me 3 hours, but I have them all planted in my window boxes and pots. Petunias, calibrichoa, diascia and torenia. Will they grow? Will they look like the wonderful pink, purple and blue pictures on the ID tags? Will they be dug up by marauding chipmunks? Will they be eaten by deer? Does the water I watered them with contain too much chlorine? Will they shrivel and burn from it? Did we flush the well long enough?

What's the reason I'd be worried about the chlorine content of our water? We had Karl come out and 1. Chlorinate the well to kill any sulphur fixing bacteria in our water source and thus eliminate the Yellowstone-esque bouquet of our water and 2. Install a larger brand new water heater. Yes, the indefatigable Karl was here over the last 3 days, clunking and clanking about in the basement and back yard; a work-roughened, scratched, dirty vision smelling of cologne(!)and PVC primer. Explaining well pipe diameters and gas pilot lighting procedures with complete professional debonair. Some things are just worth shelling out a little bit of extra money for...

I'm about ready for Tim's brother and sister-in-law to get here so I can relax. My motivation just kind of crashed and burned Thursday, but Wednesday and Friday, I've been a busy girl cleaning house, cooking and gardening. Hopefully their flight will arrive on time tomorrow night, and we will have a good weekend. We plan to go canoeing on Sunday. All this rain we've had in the last week or so could make that interesting. We've measured a total of 4 inches in the rain gauge. We're gonna be paddling to beat hell just to steer in a straight line on any river around here.

It's getting late and I seriously need to put away the pizza and chianti and get to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home