Window Box

With plenty of fertilizer and watering, my windowboxes are coming along quite nicely.
It's going to be a hot one today, so if I was smart, I'd do all my outdoor chores before things really heat up. We're going to take our walk now, and then I'll try to do some weeding *ugh*.
Plenty to do indoors, too. The kitchen's a mess again, and the guest bedroom looks like a shambles with my drying sweaters lying around and an unmade bed. Mom's coming tomorrow, so the place needs to be straightened up. Today's her birthday, but we'll celebrate with shopping, winery visiting and dinner out tomorrow. I haven't bought a single for her present, so it looks like it will be a gift card from QVC and an IOU. Maybe we'll find something when we are out tomorrow, too.
I plan to make desserts today to be enjoyed tomorrow night. A warm mocha tart accompanied by a pink peppercorn ice cream. The ice cream recipe was from a Food & Wine mag sometime last year and looked so intriguing, I just have to try it. I'm hoping to snag some local strawberries to go with all that, too. I think she'll like it. She's pretty easy to please. And I'll get to sink my teeth into that dreamy mocha tart, too. Been daydreaming about something chocolate lately anyway (well, when am I not??).


1 Comments:
Nice blast of color in that pic.
Post a Comment
<< Home