7/28/06
Friday, the last day of our Copper Country camping trip:
Tim, Scott and Peter went off for a hike on Lookout Mountain. On their way, they stopped at the Jampot and St. John's Monastery again.
A view of the tip of Keweenaw peninsula from the top of Lookout Mountain. The guys had a great hike. The rest of us hung out at camp. Ann got to read the paper; Elise and I discovered just how many different bugs live on the rocks that line the camp road; and Evan and I buried ourselves in our books. I started 'A Breath of Snow and Ashes' and cracked open a couple of hard lemonades and was *so* flippin' happy sitting there in the sun.
An old neglected cemetery caught the guys' attention on the way back to camp.
We've never seen metal markers like this before.
Pasties from Toni's Country Kitchen in Calumet.
Time for one last sunset swim.
And I wish I could have taken a pic of the evening sailboat cruise just as darkness was falling. Ann and I were riding bikes down to the bath building when we noticed the line of five sailboats silhouetted against the sunset. There was a light like a green star on the prow of each. Don't know where they were headed, but it was a beautiful night for a sail, and it would have been wonderful to be out there, too.
And the next morning: this is what Lake Superior *usually* looks like


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home