Saturday, August 12, 2006

A Day Less Lazy

But no less enjoyable.

I spent just under 2 hours picking blueberries at a local orchard Friday morning. I really should have gotten there earlier, but I just did not feel like hurrying. Therefore I only had a good half hour of peace and quiet before the minivans full of mothers and kids started rolling into the field. Pretty soon it sounded like a troupe of sugar-buzzed monkeys had been set loose in the area. I think people forget how their voices carry, too. I could hear every crying, whining toddler and personal conversation that was going on for hundreds of feet around me in the bushes. And what is it with people who are physically incapable of leaving their cell phones and walkie-talkies at home? To add to the crazed monkey sounds, I got to listen to beeping walkie talkies and ringing cell phones. I reminded myself that these people are far more important than I will ever hope to be, and thus need to have that constant electronic connection to the ones that so depend on them.

But it wasn't that bad. I gritted my teeth and filled two buckets. Then here's how I amused myself the rest of the day:






The pesto and the jam result in fantastic messes. Which is why I don't do that every day. But I had ALL day to clean up the kitchen. Did I mention I love days off?

I also upgraded my LJ account to the paid version. I'd been meaning to do that for a while anyway. Hopefully now we won't have any pic problems like when I was cutting and pasting from Blogger.

And while all this was going on, I stuck SW Episodes 1, 2 and 3 in the DVD player. Mostly because there was utterly nothing else on. But it made really awesome background noise for the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home