Happy Food Porn, I Mean Birthday, Tim
Chocolate Truffle Layer Cake
Tim got his birthday cake a few days late this year (his birthday was on the 4th), but as promised, here it is. This was my Saturday project. About 6 weeks ago, he pointed to the last page of the September 2006 Food&Wine mag and said 'That's what I want.'
I'm not even going to try to post the recipe, because it's soooo long. It's on page 190 for anyone who's remotely interested. There are only 2 people I can think of in my life who would even think of going to the trouble of making something like this. It has truly frightening quantities of controlled substances. It's the first time I've ever had to use creme fraiche in anything. And an entire pound of white chocolate? I also used all the butter in the house, and needed to go buy several containers of heavy whipping cream. Most of this is going to get tightly wrapped up and placed in the safety of the freezer. This is one highly dangerous calorie bomb.
I need to learn how to make big, lush pornolicious chocolate curls one day. Still haven't mastered that skill.
Tim's off to a football game today, but he told me to go right ahead and have a photo shoot, and quality control the cake for him before he gets home tonight.
And how does it taste? *eyes rolling back in head---can't type...*


4 Comments:
Wow. That looks amazing!
Wow. It looks over the top. Probably good with a strong cup of Italian Roast coffee and some sort of tasty cordial. It's quite a looker; it looks like an expensive item in an upscale dessert case.
Wanna try some? I'm just about to freeze most of it, and Tim can transport it down in October. And I won't even charge you an upscale dessert case price for it.
A real work of art.
Perfect for snacking in the car on the way down.
Post a Comment
<< Home