Tuesday, October 24, 2006

There and Back Again


I'm home. Tim and I pulled in the driveway at around 2215 last night.

My ass has logged somewhere in the neighborhood of 3500 miles in a car or truck over the last 9 days. Oh, and that's not counting the 5 hour flight to get out to San Diego to start the journey Sunday before last. The two days we spent lounging around with Chris and Lindsey were a welcome break in all the traveling, I can tell you. But my butt is *sore*. I so am looking forward to some time on that treadmill tonight, and if the weather improves just a little, a nice 5 mile walk outside sometime this week. No, all that pressure on the old gluteus maximus didn't make that area any smaller.

I don't think it got too much bigger though, either. We did not eat junk all week. Actually we ate pretty darn well, thanks to Bryan's provisions from Trader Joe's. Other than a lot of restaurant meals, we fortified ourselves with apples, dried fruits and trail mixes and lots of water during the day while driving. It could have been a whole lot worse.

I have never been able to figure out how sitting or driving in a car can be so exhausting, but it is. I didn't wake up until 0830 this morning, and I STILL didn't want to get out of bed. It's back to work tonight, so at least I get to go back there for a while now.

Pics and commentary later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home