Thursday, October 12, 2006

Fantastic Gloriously Crappy Weather (10/11)

Chilly wind, rain, dark gray skies: Perfect sleeping weather. It means next door neighbor Ralph will NOT be able to get out his damned leaf blower until at least the weekend. Or even mow the grass. And it's probably driving him insane, looking out on his yard all defiled with wet, clinging leaves. But Tim and I are quite pleased with the whole idea of lack of noise.

Except today, apparently my alarm clock went haywire, and the alarm went off *3 hours* too early. It said 1815, so I dragged my ass out of bed, put on the exercise clothes, went out to the kitchen, started the coffee pot...and then looked at the clocks out there. Which said 1511! What the heck? I thought the daylight looked strange (like there was slightly too much of it) and that that had been the shortest 6 hours of sleep ever. I shut off the coffee pot, fixed the time on my alarm clock, and crawled back into bed. And got about 2 more hours of choppy sleep. Damn. What a waste. Better luck today (the weather is supposed to be even WORSE).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home