The Basement-O-Meter is Running
The long-awaited renovation has started.
The 'Before' pics:
Over the course of the weekend, Tim and I managed to clear all the crap out and stuff it into the furnace room. Or throw it away. I managed to fill one huge trash bag full myself. It probably should have been more like 2 or three, but hey: it was still something.
Kind of like a taxi meter, the hours logged have begun. Dollars for us; hours and work for Karl. He was here for 3 hours Sunday, during which we went over a whole lot of details, and for most of today, busting up concrete down there for bathroom plumbing.
Tim and I went out and selected a shower unit and looked at fireplace boxes and priced some other things, including granite for the kitchen island. That was actually a pleasant surprise, with the quote being about half what I thought it would be.
The only rude surprise we got today was a possible snag involving the placement of the fireplace. Openable windows too close to the gas vent are a big no-no. For obvious reasons. Hopefully we can find a way to work around this.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home