Weather Woes
Otherwise known as 'acts of God'.
Yes, I know. The whole earth, all the storms that swirl across its pretty blue surface, and the universe in which it resides is an act of God. This I faithfully believe.
But dammit, one particular bad weather front prevented a number of flights from leaving JFK airport in New York yesterday. One of which was supposed to be Ellen's.
So, in keeping with their policy, Delta Airlines puts these passengers on the next available flight. But does not compensate them with a place to sleep the night or provide food.
I don't know what kind of state I'm going to find her in when I pick her up in Detoit, fully 13 hours after I was supposed to have done so last night, but I'm packing water bottles, a sandwich, some cookies, and a nice clean T-shirt. It seems ineffectual, but what else could I do? Pretty much nothing.
On the plus side (and yes, this is entirely selfish of me): Our house is clean, top to bottom. The interior of the truck is clean. I got some sleep last night (restless, but it was definitely sleep). I have fresh-baked chocolate chunk-dried cherry-pecan oatmeal cookies. And a loaf of cinnamon bread ready to be sliced and served. Miscellaneous little repair jobs around the house are being done. And I think somebody missed me all summer.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home