Wednesday, October 10, 2007

--Eeewwwww!!!!--

There are some smells on this earth that simply cannot be born. I'm sure I'll personally never know the horror of some of them. But rotten potatoes...that one has got to be pretty damn high on the 'worst ever' list. What makes it really bad is that I suspected pretty much right after I bought that giant bargain bag of potatoes there was something a bit 'off' about the typical earthy odor coming from it, and there might possibly be a bad one in there. That was...hmmm...2 weeks ago??

Yep, my suspicions were correct. And ignoring that problem did not make it go away.

Maybe I'm just tired, but the smell was so bad I nearly became emotionally distraught.

OK. Cleaned up now. Rotted potatoes out in the garage in the garbage can.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mister Orange said...

Try fermented onions sometime. I experienced that in a restaurant's walk-in cooler 13 or 14 years ago, and I still remember it. It's pretty fragrant.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Sleepwalker said...

*shudders* Or how about rotted cucumbers? I had to go through a whole pallet of them at the food bank once, and clean up the slimy ooze underneath it.

1:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home