Friday, October 26, 2007

Recent Treats



Tuesday Bryan and Ellen collaborated on an apfelstrudel with almonds and raisins. We enjoyed it hot out of the oven. It was so damn good. I want to see the making of the dough, and the construction of one again, since I missed it the first time. What was I doing? Exercising. In a futile attempt to keep pace with all these calories.



Thursday morning I was informed by a coworker we were having a pot-luck that night. Hmmm. OK. Normally I like more than 15 hours' notice, but I knew I had overripe bananas in the freezer and everything else I needed to make banana cake. And while banana cake with thick cream cheese frosting is great, I figured I could elevate it to new heights (or sink it to new depths, depending on how you look at it) by adding Nocello walnut liqueur to the batter and the frosting and drizzling it on the hot cake when it came out of the oven. And adding topping. It just came to me: toasted walnuts and banana chips encased in burnt sugar, then broken into crunchy shards.

Too tired/lazy to type in the recipes...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home