Tuesday, October 16, 2007

$^$&*&(&%$@

I like to say I'm not a caffeine addict. I only drink 6 cups of half regular and half decaf a day. Which is really only 3 cups of 'real' coffee.

And I don't drink any pop or whatever the rest of the day.

So I can stop any time I want. Right?

I am seriously considering having a meltdown because I can't get the coffeemaker to turn on. The switch is wearing out. Works sporadically.

I could go out in the rain/dark and open the pop-up to get the camping coffee-maker. Or the plunge pot. Or jerry-rig some kind of plunge pot inside.

I think I will practice deep-breathing and make some strong tea. And try turning it on later.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

This notion of "caffeine addiction" is silly. I've been drinking 4-5 cups a day for years, and I'm not addicted. If I can drink that much without getting hooked, there's no way you're addicted. And I can quit any time I want. Any time I want. I just don't want to. And no, I'm not in denial. NOT in denial.
In an emergency, you can always munch on a handful of coffee beans, or grind them real fine, make a line or two of coffee powder on a mirror, and snort (or so I've heard).
Excuse me, gotta go get a cuppa joe right now...

8:40 AM  
Blogger Mister Orange said...

You should by a new, better coffee maker. Do your part for the economy! In fact, buy two, so you have a spare. In case something happens with the first one. Or, in case you want to brew two pots at once. Or so you can have a coffee maker downstairs.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home