Saturday, October 13, 2007

Baking Spree

It's getting to be so treats are mandatory on Fridays in my workplace. Who made it mandatory? I did, of course. If I have to work weekends, at least I can help make it more tolerable. For myself, and everyone working with me. So we got to work in the kitchen:





Two applications using the same dough. Ellen made a giant batch of yeast dough, and made a large, flat cake with a buttery crumb topping. Delicious. When we make coffee cakes, they're usually more cakey and a hell of a lot more sugary. This was pleasantly *not* sweet. And I'm told very traditional in Germany. With the rest of the dough, she made a beautiful(huge!) braided loaf with raisins.



And cookies! I made the gingersnaps. She made the chocolate chip orange cookies.



Totally reminds me of stollen with the eggs and butter in the dough. It's awesome toasted. And there's so much, I'm thinking a supper of French Toast and bacon or sausage later next week...

3 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

I need a drool bucket.

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it is wonderful that you share your culinary expertise with your coworkers...but you know, there are three shifts!!!
As always, your edible offerings are incredibly enticing! And what did I have for breakfast...on first shift today...a chewy granola bar!!! There has to be a law!! Keep up the amazing cooking binges!

4:53 PM  
Blogger Mister Orange said...

Ausgezeichnet!
It looks like challah.

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home