Life Is Good, But Some Moments Suck
--Work continues to get worse. For a variety of reason, on a variety of levels. I'm far too young to retire, and too old to feel confident about striking out for something new. I'll be damned if I start out at the bottom of the pay scale somewhere else. I'm honestly not ready to start cooking for a living, let alone start a business involving food. I more than likely will survive this round of layoffs/hour cuts because of my seniority, but my work family will be completely rearranged soon. I'm sick of the low morale and tension in the lab every time I go back there. At the same time, we're getting worn out from having to learn new skills faster than we're comfortable with. From having too much work to do and too little time to do it.
---My legs hurt. My feet hurt. Specifically the plantar fasciitis in the right that feels like frigging fire. My back hurts.
---One of our white pines blew down in the front yard this morning from this latest bitch of a winter storm.
---Our laptop won't shut down or restart. So I guess I won't do anything with it. I'll just put up with the slowness, because, hey, it works. I'm just not brilliant enought to troubleshoot right now. I've put up with electronic shit from machines all night, and I've reached my daily allowance, thank you very much.
---I'm so tired of hurting myself trying to open things. Simple packages/jars/etc. just defy me sometimes. I'm not going to age gracefully, I promise you all that. Failing to open a bag of tortilla chips (which I shouldn't have been opening anyway!!), I took a swing at it flat-handed on the countertop. I'll probably have blood blisters on my fingers from that little exertion. Blew the goddamned thing wide open and flung chips all over the kitchen floor. The kicker? This brand/flavor tastes like crap. After all that.
---I'm f***ing buzzed. Almost drunk. On a f***ing Wednesday morning.


3 Comments:
Laptop won't shut down or restart? At all? Does it come back with any warning boxes, excuses, anything?
Not that I have a clue, but maybe we can mess with it when we're there on the 10th.
Oh, sweetheart. I think that after all that, getting drunk was the right choice. And when you get up, maybe you should make chocolate pancakes.
You know you'll get through this, right? I know you will. But it sucks to always have shit piling up. I'm sorry. :o(
As for the laptop ... well, my only idea right now would be to take out the battery and then unplug it, see what happens. I mean, it'll definitely shut down that way, if forcibly. However, that might also mean it might not re-start.
Hmmmm. Wished I could take a look at it.
Weird, though. Have you tried "ctrl shift delete"?
I always think 'ctrl/alt/delete', and that didn't do anything anyway. No messages, excuses, nothing. But maybe I didn't wait around long enough (>1 minute)?? I did forcibly shut it down by holding the power key. We wanted to shut down and unplug last night because of the storm coming. Otherwise it wouldn't have been an issue.
Yes Ellen, one of those many times when we wish you were here...
Post a Comment
<< Home