Monday, October 19, 2009

A Few Souvenirs From The Weekend



Yes, that center paper does say Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois on the top. It was an interesting weekend. Everyone's OK. More later...

6 Comments:

Blogger eretria said...

I was wondering why that looked so familiar.
What did you do?

1:08 AM  
Blogger Sleepwalker said...

We rear-ended a car (and that car rear-ended the one in front of it) on a surface street Friday night. Tim had glanced to the left, and didn't see the stopped cars at a light quite in time (there was NO turn lane, and the intersection traffic lights were the kind that are on the sides of the street, not overhead). We were basically gawking, not paying close enough attention.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

this could have been much worse. 1) nobody was hurt
2) the other people involved were calm even though their airbag deployed
3) Nobdoy was swearing
4) The fireman were genuinely concerned for everyone's wellbeing
5) the police officer was very cool. Usually out of state means fork over cash for bond or go to jail and in this case I didn't have to give them my AAA bail bond. He even told me what I need to do during court since the other people likely won't show up to testify since they were all insured and will receive insurance settlments.

That being said I never want to to have this happen again. If I felt as badly about property damage I can't imagine how I would feel if somebody had gotten hurt or killed.

Tim

12:01 PM  
Blogger eretria said...

Oh, crikey, what a scare.
I'm glad you're all okay and that everybody involved had some sense.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Did your airbag go off? and how bad off is your vehicle? and what's a Superdawg? and did you have deep-dish pizza? or do that glass-floor thing in the Sears (or whatever it's called now) Tower?

10:24 PM  
Blogger Sleepwalker said...

--Shockingly, our airbags did not deploy. The ones in the Ford Focus we hit, did. Our car was totally driveable afterwards. In a fortuitous twist, after we pulled to the side, the right front tire was angled so that we could see the surprise screw-head sticking out of the tread. No telling how long that had been there, but that was actually a more immediate concern. Tim got that fixed the next morning.

---Superdawg has been featured on Food Network. Really gooooood hot dogs.

---We did have deep dish, on the way outta town. At a satellite Gino's East. Just not quite the same. We wanna do Pequod's next time we hit town.

---No tall building adventures at all. We were having too much fun on the ground. And it will NEVER be the Willis tower.

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home