Best Wishes
This Thursday was the last time I got to help out the regular legal advocate in the crisis office at LACASA. She's taking a new job a half hour south. I'm a little sad about seeing her go, but it's a great opportunity for her: only 2 blocks from her house (no more horrendous winter commutes!), more pay, and she can sort of customize the job as she goes. It's a new position assisting newly released prisoners readjust to life on the outside. All of us are going to really miss her. She's basically organized that whole call center over the last year. She's one of the most mature and patient 23-year olds I have ever met. I spend some of my nights schooling 20-somethings at my job, but once a week got to be schooled by someone half my age. Over the last 6 months she's guided me through answering calls and how stuff works in the office. And she's a foodie! We discussed cooking and eating quite a few times.
So what else could I do but bring cookies? I brought a plate of biscotti in for general consumption, and sent her off with her own private container. Happy dunking and best wishes, L. You are going to go far in life.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home